Speech Language Pathologist - ESY
Company: AnthroMed Education
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Speech-Language Pathologist - ESY
AnthroMed Education is a provider of school-based speech therapy
services right here in Northern Illinois. Our mission is to create
an inspiring environment that leads to better outcomes for those we
serve. We are currently seeking a Speech-Language Pathologist to
provide their support and services at a school district in
Wauconda, for their ESY (Extended School Year) needs. This is a
three-week program, beginning on Friday, June 3rd, until Friday,
June 24th. The nominated SLP will be required to work Monday -
Friday, from 8:45 am - 11:45 am.
The SLP will be supporting about 21 students who have Speech IEPs.
There will only be progress reports to be updated, no IEPs. Along
with that, the SLP will run a small group rotation each day between
articulation, receptive, and expressive. In addition, the SLP will
have the opportunity to go outside with the students as well as in
the typical indoor setting. There will be additional support from
another SLP within the district for this ESY opportunity.
- Please note, the responsibilities described are a general
description of the typical duties of a Speech-Language Pathologist
as AnthroMed Education is supporting Special Education/Related
Service needs across multiple school districts in the area. The
position description is not a comprehensive list and additional
tasks may be assigned per school district.
- Evaluate students' speech-language abilities in order to
prepare and conduct treatment plans for them.
- Conduct assessments, translate, analyze assessment results, and
develop reports to determine strengths and concerns in areas of
speech, voice, fluency, pragmatics, language, and oral motor
- Develop treatment plans, in conjunction with instructional
staff, that are strength-based, as well as child and
family-centered for overall educational improvement.
- Provide high-quality direct speech-language therapy services to
students according to the students' IEPs.
- Participate in IEP conferences, team meetings, and
- Ensure evaluations, intervention plans, and service delivery
are aligned with school, state, and federal guidelines.
- Communicate and counsel students and family members regarding
communication deficits and instruct them in proper management
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Illinois PEL with an endorsement for Speech-Language
- Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from
which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been
AnthroMed Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer
AnthroMed LLC will not discriminate against any person based on
race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, height, weight, color, religion, national origin, age,
marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran, or military
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: AnthroMed Education, Arlington Heights , Speech Language Pathologist - ESY, Healthcare , Wauconda, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!