Summer 2023 Overnight Camp Management Staff
Company: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Summer 2023 Overnight Camp Management Staff
Company : Name Linked
YMCA Camp Duncan
Location : Address
32405 North Highway 12
Variable schedule, Nights and Weekends. Seasonal Live-on position
for 24/7 supervision of campers.
Are you looking for a FUN Summer Job where you can make a
difference? YMCA Camp Duncan is hiring Summer Overnight Camp
Management Staff for Summer 2023! At the Y, we create an exciting,
safe camp environment for kids and staff to have an unforgettable
summer. While campers are taking part in in unique experiences and
adventures, our Summer Overnight Camp Management Staff are
developing leadership skills and confidence while making lasting
friendships and memories. YMCA Camp Duncan is a special place for
children and young adults. The camp program is designed to teach
life skills, foster independence, build confidence, teach
leadership and increase self-esteem. Located near Fox Lake in
northern Illinois, Camp Duncan offers one-week residential camp
sessions in the summer. The camp is situated on 300 acres, and a
90-acre, semi-private lake called Fish Lake. Campers will enjoy
three nutritionally balanced, "camper friendly" meals daily and an
evening snack in the Main Lodge overlooking Fish Lake. A
five-station high ropes course, indoor Olympic size swimming pool,
large sport fields, kayaks, basketball courts, campfire ring, and a
48-ft climbing tower are a part of the exciting program and
facilities that Camp Duncan has to offer. Join us for the
experience of a lifetime. YMCA Camp Duncan is now hiring Summer
Overnight Camp Management Staff for the following positions:
Assistant Program DirectorAquatics
DirectorHigh Ropes DirectorTeen Leadership DirectorArts & Crafts
Director As a Summer Overnight Camp Management Staff, you are
- Helps plan and implement recreational activities including but
not limited to: arts and crafts, fishing, songfests, swimming,
nature hikes, archery, boating, adventure activities, and
- Works with the Program Director and Management Staff team to
create weekly programs to engage campers and provide a variety of
experiences for campers of all ages.
- Assist with the over-all functions of the camp daily
- Coaches and mentors camp counselors to support them in creating
positive experiences for youth and families.
- Enforces rules and regulations of the facilities to maintain
discipline and ensure safety. Monitors campers and counselors and
intervenes if campers or counselors are behaving inappropriately or
- Supervise camp staff working assigned program areas.
- Have current required certification for assigned program area
by the camp's vendor of choice or equivalent or achieve
certification upon hire.
- Sets up facilities and/or equipment for activities and store
equipment appropriately after use. Immediately notifies Program
Director of any broken or unsafe equipment or if more
resources/equipment are needed.
- Works to keep facilities safe, clean and inviting by adhering
to YMCA and American Camping Association standards. Promotes the
value of keeping camp clean, welcoming and safe with staff.
- Serve as a positive role model for staff and campers set
example of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Follow opening and closing procedures for all program areas.
Responsible to ensure program areas are locked and secured while
not in use.
- Assist in conducting mid-summer and end summer evaluations for
- Responsible for overall safety checks, cleanliness and upkeep
and care assigned program area.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Deal with any staff management issues promptly. Management
Staff are expected to not ask staff do to anything that he/she
would not do themselves.
- Supports the YMCA's mission and camp operations as needed.What
do you need to be a Summer Overnight Camp Management Staff?
- A commitment to and a passion for
working with diverse youth.Enjoy being outdoors, are creative and
not afraid to work and play hard.Your experience in camping,
childcare, education, recreation, sports or related is a plus but
not required. You will be 21 years of age or older by the start of
camp. Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability
to clearly and concisely present ideas and concepts and tailor
communication to multiple audiences Passion for working with
diverse youth and ability to provide a high-quality of instruction
using age-appropriate practices.
- Proven ability to establish constructive relationships and
interact as a positive role model
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment
to, and a passion for, the mission of the YMCA
- Meets physical qualifications required as outlined in job
- Must be mentally alert to dangerous situations in order to
assure the safety of all program participants.
- Physically and mentally able to respond to emergencies and
administer CPR and First Aide effectively.
- Current CPR and First Aide Certification (within the past
- Ability to train staff and campers of all age levels in safety
regulations and emergency procedures Overnight Camp Assistant
Program DirectorUnder the direct supervision of the Program
Director, the Overnight Camp Assistant Program Director assists in
the creation, planning and implementation of recreational
activities. The Overnight Camp Assistant Program Director helps
oversee activities to ensure that they are safe, engaging and
well-organized and provide campers with experiences that provide
support and enrichment, teach life skills and promote wellness of
spirit, body and mind. Summer Overnight Camp, Aquatics
DirectorUnder the direct supervision of the Program Director, the
Aquatics Director coordinates and supervises the day-to-day
operation of the waterfront and/or pool programs in overnight camp.
The Aquatics Director maintains high levels of safety standards and
enforces strict safety standard rules at aquatic areas. The
Aquatics Director must be a certified lifeguard. Summer Overnight
Camp, High Ropes Director Under the direct supervision of the
Program Director, the High Ropes Director will organize and
implement team's course, climbing tower and high rope programs. The
High Ropes Director must display ability and skill in belaying,
knot tying and rope course set up. Summer Overnight Camp, Teen
Leadership Director Under the direct supervisor of the Program
Director, the Teen Leadership Director will provide support to the
day-to-day camp operation. Plans and implements the
Leader-in-Training (LIT) and Counselor-in-Training (CIT) programs.
Assists with daily camp functions and evening activities. Summer
Overnight Camp, Arts and Crafts Director Under the supervision of
the Camp Director or Program Director, the Arts and Crafts Director
is responsible for the arts and crafts program for overnight camp.
Reasons to work at the Y.
Be part of a team that cares about
one another.Make a difference. Contribute to building a better,
stronger community for allWhen you work here, you will find
opportunities to try new things. Every day is something new.YMCA
Membership, discounted programs, and much more!The job was designed
with your schedule in mind. Part-time and full-time positions are
available, making jobs at the Y ideal for students and non-students
alike!Child Abuse Prevention:Supports the YMCA's commitment to
child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard
to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping
children safe in our facilities and programs, including those
related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and
procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
Keywords: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago, Arlington Heights , Summer 2023 Overnight Camp Management Staff, Executive , Ingleside, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...