Director - Pricing Analytics & Administration
Company: Rust Oleum
Location: Vernon Hills
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Vernon Hills, IL, United States JOB PURPOSE: The Director or
Pricing Analytics & Administration will oversee a team focused on
pricing analytics and administration, with the objective of
delivering timely, clear, actionable, and reliable analytics to
drive pricing and margin optimization via pricing measures while
also overseeing the team that administers pricing in the system.
The position requires combining an analytical and sales-oriented
mindset in order to lead and develop teams toward success in
overcoming the real-world challenges presented by imperfect data
and delivering presentations and reports that simplify complex
information and processes. This position is part of the Pricing
Leadership team and reports to the Vice President of Strategic
- Driving Pricing process for the organization
- Set up and drive the pricing process for the organization
encompassing opportunity identification, pricing planning, price
forecasting and actual price realization tracking and
- Actively work with the Director of Pricing Strategy to create,
publish and maintain the price lists for different product
platforms and channels of distribution to provide guidance on the
right price levels to use, for the commercial team.
- Own and administer the pricing approval processes for published
pricing (PAW system) and account specific pricing (P&T
- Responsible for the administration of account promotional
agreements and growth rebate programs.
- Evaluate current pricing processes and initiate continuous
- Define and drive best practice tools and approaches in pricing
process and execution.
- Pricing Analytics & Reporting
- Setting up and running insightful periodic reports on the
pricing performance of different portions of the organization
including tracking of price and promo initiatives and ROI
- Responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to
understand product value proposition, current or proposed price
points, data gathering and cleansing, deep dive advanced
statistical analysis/modeling and recommendations to optimize the
performance of pricing strategies and tactics. Will also support
Sales teams operationally through deal support, data gathering
through custom dashboard/reports development and analysis.
- Leveraging innovative methods to identify and propagate pricing
opportunities targeted at margin enhancement.
- Pricing Strategy Creation
- Support the Director of Pricing Strategy to understand and
design complex commercial pricing models, leveraging data and
analytics to develop and execute pricing strategies across various
categories, suppliers, and customer segments.
- Price Administration
- Define pricing governance policies and processes for all
- Lead the team focused on administering the pricing in the
system and provide support to commercial teams in getting new
prices into the system.
- People Management
- Manage team on day-to-day activities including planning &
allocating tasks as required in collaboration with senior
- Coach and mentor staff, determine appropriate staffing levels,
ensure employee development, maintain a positive employee relations
environment, and develop analytical best practices that propagate
throughout the organization. QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: 4-year BS degree in business or
mathematics/statistics or engineering with an MBA being an added
- Experience: 10+ years of relevant professional experience; 4+
years of management and leadership experience in reporting and
analytics, specifically in connecting business strategy to
processes for data management, pricing, analytics, data science,
business intelligence, and/or reporting.
- A subject matter expert on Product Pricing or Pricing
- Strong knowledge of and experience with statistics and R,
databases (SQL), pricing and value models, regressions, applied
pricing and economics principles, yield management concepts and
tools, reporting and BI solutions (Tableau, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence and work with all
levels in the organization.
- Experience with Excel, Tableau, Salesforce, or other data
visualization tools required; familiarity with SQL, R, or Python
- Analytic and strategic thinking skills, with ability to digest
complex information and make data-driven decisions.
- Leader with a passion for people with the ability to exert
formal and informal influence across functions.
- Passionate problem solver and creative thinker, with ability to
pitch new ideas and be open to feedback.
- Dynamic and agile: Ability to think in a creative and strategic
way, but be adept at delivering operationally to ensure tasks are
followed through to completion. Ability to work efficiently and
flexibly to deliver results.
- Strong decision making and prioritization skills, especially
when multiple trade-offs are involved and faster decisions are
- Empathy and good listening skills to understand the needs/pain
points of your customers/ stakeholders.
- Excellent facilitation to effectively facilitate requirement
gathering/elicitation sessions with senior business
leaders/stakeholders. LEADERSHIP TRAITS
- Strategic Planning: Is proactive, forward-looking and can
anticipate trends. Has vision and can create competitive and
breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Change Management: Ability to adapt to change, anticipate
future needs, is flexible, overcomes resistance to change, and
demonstrates managerial courage
- Problem Solving: Is able to understand and evaluate complex
issues and devise and implement successful solutions. Is focused on
results, can see hidden problems, and takes logical approach and
probes fruitful sources for answers. Is proactive and decisive in
- Communication: Has effective verbal communication and
presentation skills, has effective writing abilities (clear and
succinct), had executive presence, has active listening abilities,
and can convey important or critical messages that have the desired
- Collaboration: Identifies opportunities for shared resources,
seeks partnerships, is a team player, and involves others. Builds
commitment, fosters open dialogue, and supports diversity and input
from all team members. Is open minded and transparent.
- Decision Making: Uses critical thinking skills, has a track
record of making high quality decisions, does not hesitate when
making decision, is confident, and is action oriented.
- Developing Others: Coaches others and nurtures emerging
leaders. Is a keen listener, provides challenging/stretch
assignments, encourages development, confronts and deals with
performance issues effectively and delegates tasks effectively in
order to develop others.
- Judgement: Adopts strategic, analytical and carefully weighted
decision-making process in the evaluations of alternative
- Financial Acumen: Has demonstrated financial acumen, can
successfully budget and forecast, and understands cost implications
- Integrity & Commitment: Demonstrates integrity, has commitment,
shows moral courage, demonstrates emotional intelligence, is
values-driven, respects the Company culture, and demonstrates
responsible entrepreneurship. Has a can-do attitude and the desire
to go above and beyond. Rust-Oleum is an equal opportunity
employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made
without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national
origin, color, or any other protected class. LI19 Job
Identification: 4052 Job Category: Marketing Posting Date:
2023-01-06 Degree Level: Bachelor's Degree Job Schedule: Full time
Posting Date: 2023-01-06PI206848975
Keywords: Rust Oleum, Arlington Heights , Director - Pricing Analytics & Administration, Executive , Vernon Hills, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...