Executive Director, Global Head of Talent Acquisition
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to
develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven
to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to
patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting
work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting
business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are
committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that
bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our
focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business
with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of
people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas,
please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from
certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas'
Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote
work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
The Head of Global Talent Acquisition ensures that Astellas can
quickly and effectively secure the best talent aligned to deliver
its strategic objectives in all its locations globally. The Head of
Global Talent Acquisition responds to changing market forces to
keep Astellas nimble, relevant and competitive in the labor market.
This role sets the talent acquisition strategy and institutes best
practice policy, processes and technology to support attracting and
selecting talent for Astellas. The Head of Global TA oversees the
strategic partnership and operations of multiple RPOs as well as
internal teams of Talent Acquisition professionals covering: Japan,
US, Europe, Greater China, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle
Eastern countries (70+ countries) with volumes exceeding 1000 hires
annually. This role seeks to centralize and harmonize operations
where possible to achieve organizational efficiencies and to
provide a consistent experience to our candidates but must also
adapt to and maintain region or country specific requirements where
necessary. This role ensures a fair, professional and consistent
talent acquisition experience and process for all Astellas
candidates which bolsters our reputational brand in the marketplace
and sets our candidates up for success as they begin their careers
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Establishes the talent acquisition strategy for Astellas.
* Stays abreast of new trends in the industry and marketplace and
maintains up-to-date knowledge of recruiting issues and trends,
related analytics, and labor laws that have short and long-term
implications in our recruiting efforts.
* Partners with senior leaders and key stakeholders to provide
thought leadership on where Astellas should develop, hire or move
talent in line with its strategic direction.
* Partners with HR and business stakeholders in the strategic
workforce planning process to ensure continuity with acquisition
processes and staffing.
* Harmonizes talent acquisition policies, processes and practices
globally and identifies where customization is necessary to meet
regulatory, privacy, legal or cultural requirements.
* Designs the Talent acquisition operating model, considering what
can be globally harmonized and what must be kept regionally
* Designs and develops recruiting/hiring policies and processes
that are complementary/consistent across regions and business
* Creates opportunities to improve, drive standardization and
further embed cost controls and risk mitigation into global
* Designs and implements globally standard tools and technology
that support our Talent and business strategy.
* Manages the RPO operating model and day to day operations
* Oversees the strategic utilization of the RPOs and EMEA MSP
(third party vendors) in accordance with the contracts and SOWs
(Statement of Work.)
* Manages the operations of talent acquisition in accordance with
key performance metrics and holds RPOs accountable for agreed upon
* Develops and implements methodologies around recruitment
dashboards and support analytically driven practices to optimize
performance and drive operational excellence across the team.
* Leads the Internal Astellas Global TA team:
* Provides vision, leadership planning and management for the
global Talent Acquisition function.
* Oversees, manages and develops the capabilities of the global TA
* Manage a talent acquisition budget and works with Finance to
ensure forecasts are accurate.
* Oversees and is personally engaged in the sourcing, selection and
onboarding of senior level leadership candidates.
* Leads the development of Astellas' Employee Value Proposition
* Develops and implements a compelling Employee Value Proposition
and oversees the necessary implementation of aligned recruitment
messaging, tools and collateral.
* Partners with other Astellas stakeholders to ensure a
comprehensive and aligned message (e.g., Patient Centricity,
* Operates as the TA strategic lead for company acquisitions and
* Accountable for the pre-employment verification and screening
process in some countries.
* Accountable for the completion and on time delivery of
governmental reporting for some countries.
* Partners closely with HRBPs, ED&I, and TA Lead to oversee the
development and implementation of Diversity and internal
recruitment strategies and initiatives.
This position reports to the VP, Head HR Talent.
Position has 5 solid line direct reports: Regional Leads for the:
US, Japan, Greater China, International Markets, and Established
* Astellas Executive Committee
* Head of HR
* Head of HR Talent
* Regional shared service centers/ MIS Teams
* Global HRBPs
* 4 Regional RPO teams
* 3 Global Executive Search partners
* Advanced degree (MA in HR, I/O Psychology; MBA)
* 15 years of related experience required, preferably in the
pharmaceutical, medical device or healthcare industries
* Proven track record of developing people, leading and managing
high-performing teams) in a fast-paced, global environment
* Experience in managing third party suppliers and partners
* A deep understanding of how to run a high quality, full-cycle and
custom recruiting process and coach and lead a team to execute this
* A deep understanding of reporting and analytics to shape sourcing
and recruiting strategies.
* Consistent track record in driving efficiencies in the use of
technologies, process, and workflow
* Proven experience function as a natural collaborator who is
authentic, transparent and aligns with the Astellas values and code
* Proven success partnering and collaborating with stakeholders
cross-functionally and at all levels
* Strong presentation skills, able to provide expertise and support
as needed in the preparation and delivery of senior management
briefings and materials
* Extraordinary relationship building, consulting, negotiation
skills both internally and externally
* Data-driven and results-oriented mindset that demonstrates
critical thinking abilities and an analytical and quantitative
* Exposure and understanding of the most current diversity
recruiting, recruiting solutions and employment branding
* Generalist background with particular expertise in talent
acquisition, including some knowledge of employee relations,
compensation and benefits, etc.
* Experience managing a third party RPO relationship.
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time,
plus national holidays including year-end shut down
* 401(k) match and annual company contribution
* Company paid life insurance
* Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible
* Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
* Referral bonus program
Astellas is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of
employment. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Astellas, Arlington Heights , Executive Director, Global Head of Talent Acquisition, Executive , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!