Director, Creative Design
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Our Head of Design (Design Director) is responsible for operating a
design CoE within Walgreens Brand Design and Content Studio,
leading the overall visual design direction for the Brand,
including ownership of our enterprise brand identity system,
lifestyle and product photography, and an ever evolving asset
library to support content publication.
This role reports to the Head of Creative and will partner with key
creative team leaders (Director of Delivery & Director of Content)
to deliver a new generation of omnichannel, retail marketing in
supporting of the full spectrum of key brand campaigns and business
priorities. Experience directing multi-channel experiences (video,
print, digital, experiential, activation, etc.) is required. The
ideal candidate will have experience in and a passion for defining
and designing world-class solutions in a high-volume, high-value,
performance-driven environment where both speed-to-market and
business-value are non-negotiable.
- Partners with cross functional partners to establish campaign
creative strategies / direction & content development supporting
all parts of our business.
- Informs and drives senior management alignment on best
practices in and seasonal marketing storytelling.
- Acts as an expert in the brand creative space, drive testing,
data and efforts to help improve existing team resources/output to
ensure best practices and a consistent brand voice and tone.
- Ensures a clear creative direction & execution of strategies
with internal and external partners to connect with consumers in a
consistent brand voice and tone.
- Delivers best in class seasonal brand campaigns, celebrating
our customers and patients on their path to a happier and healthier
- Fosters an environment of play and exploration by defining and
designing inspiration projects for the LOOP
- Responsible for conveying complex information and persuading
several diverse stakeholders / audiences often across multiple
- Leads cross-functional alignment on key campaign launch moments
and seasonal business priorities in market.
- Focuses on holistic and product-driven narratives that showcase
our innovations in the retail health and wellness category
- Works in lock step with all internal and external creative
- Drives cross functional efficiencies and effective brand
marketing engagement to optimize internal/external resourcing.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open
communication, training and development opportunities and
performance management processes; builds and maintains employee
morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed
with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive
workplace.An Equal Opportunity Employer, including
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail
pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing
medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more
than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in
community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers' and patients'
needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms
and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more
than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more
than 21,000 stores.
WBA's purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and
happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy
communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a
sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations
Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to
WBA is included in FORTUNE's 2021 list of the World's Most Admired
Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its
predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 6 years of experience leading a
Design or Creative studio OR High School/GED and at least 9 years
of experience leading a Design or Creative studio
- At least 2 years of experience leading a Design Center of
- At least 5 years of experience overseeing integrated teams such
as designers, writers, UX, photographers, FE developers, etc.
- Experience working in a large-scale organization (i.e. Fortune
500 Company) known for their brand and creative experiences.
- Experience delivering creative in all formats and across all
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial
decisions in the workplace.
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership
and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes
(within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree in Art or Design
Keywords: WALGREENS, Arlington Heights , Director, Creative Design, Executive , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!