Company: Progressive Components
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Job DescriptionHave you built your career through outstanding
project management, thoughtful strategy, and a commitment to
remaining relevant in the tech space? If the answer is yes, your
next opportunity for growth is with Progressive Components. We are
seeking an IT Director to lead our current technology initiatives
and guide strategic tech investments in the future. This position
has a flexible work schedule and will be a combination of virtual
and occasionally onsite work at the Wauconda location. The ideal
candidate will reside in the Upper Midwest Region. Progressive
Components is a leader in the plastics industry. From production
floor essentials that have been staples for years, to industry
driving innovations, our products are known for their quality,
forward thinking, and ability to meet customer's needs. As an
organization, even through significant growth, we have been
diligent about maintaining a customer-centric mindset - listening,
customizing solutions, and showing value. We are committed to
growth and innovation. We know our industry is constantly evolving,
and we want to be on the leading edge of those initiatives.The IT
Director will an engaged and proactive champion for IT Services and
Operations, seeking ongoing improvement of the IT Infrastructure,
delivering high quality solutions to support the day-to-day
business operations. In addition, this role provides a unique
opportunity to participate on the Steering Committee for a product
that uses advancing technology to help our customers monitor and
maintain their assets.Our Information Technology team is the center
of excellence within our organization, focusing on web and mobile
applications across multiple areas of business engagements. A
successful candidate will have a background in developing go to
market strategies, strong familiarity with software development,
great project management and communication skills, and an eagerness
to grow with a team. The IT Director will work with all levels of
personnel and will need to have strong communication skills with
the ability to clearly and concisely convey ideas and issues to
team members and stakeholders.Performance driven and innovative,
the IT Director must maintain a current knowledge of IT trends and
an understanding of how those trends could affect the business and
have the ability to guide the organization in the implementation of
new ideas and practices.As a partner with Management, the IT
Director should be someone with a strong technology background and
business acumen. Responsibilities:
- Oversee and participate in business strategy discussions to
anticipate and align technology solutions to achieve business and
- Be alert to changes or advancements in technology and increased
digital adoption to discover ways the company can gain competitive
- Drive business innovation for operational efficiencies and
- Developing new go-to-market strategies and technologies, while
maintaining the IT roadmap by collaborating with multiple
departments and subcontractors to execute projects and strategic
- Studying market trends/customer needs to identify commercial
opportunities, while aligning IT initiative with business goals and
redesigning business processes.
- Designing and implementing a business intelligence (BI)
solution that provides reporting, analytics, and data
- Provide IT thought leadership and steering committee
participation for a customer-facing product that utilizes Cloud
Computing, Database Management, and SaaS to aid customers in the
monitoring and maintenance of their production injection mold
tooling. Vet decisions being made, evaluate technologies chosen,
and participate in the review of terms and conditions in SaaS
agreements. Provide current and future technology input and
- Ensure adequate physical and environmental security for
operating systems. Review System Messages and Problem Logs daily
for any actionable alerts.
- Maintain OS Release currency.
- Manage User Profile access and licenses.
- Ensure the adequate physical and environmental security for the
Progressive Component's Network.
- Make use of best-of-breed firewalls, malware, and virus
- IT Team Management - Hiring, developing, and mentoring staff to
fulfill needs of department.
- Financial Management - Oversee IT Budget and Capital
- Vendor Management - Serve as the primary contact for all IT
Specific Vendors; Business Partners, Software Partners, Consumable
Supply Vendors, Network Services, etc.Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems
Management or equivalent experience.
- Five+ years' of strategically leading an IT team
- Experience in GP/Business Central, MS Office, Cloud Network
Administration and IOT (Internet of Things)
- Experience with budget and business plan development.
- Strong communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills with
- Demonstrated success with meeting the needs of a wide range of
stake holders while driving team performance, monitoring results,
and appropriately allocating resources.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of technology
principles, practices, and procedures to the successful execution
of multiple complex projects.
- Strong experience and knowledge of functional tools and
- A deep understanding of metrics/dashboards that drive an
environment and culture of continuous improvement.
- Possesses strong problem solving, collaborative, critical
thinking, team building, and presentation skills.
- Possesses a thoughtful point of view on industry trends
impacting commerce and customer experiences. Has an informed
perspective on best-in-class technologies.
- Time management skills with the ability to plan, create,
maintain, and resolve open issues, analyze workflow, demonstrate
sense of urgency, and set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively handle and maintain confidential matters
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Project Management
- Data Privacy compliance knowledge required.
- Previous experience with managing third party consultants and
vendors. Our team is excited about our organization's continued
investment in growth and commitment to hiring and retaining top
talent. Check out the videos below from the Progressive Components
team members offering their insights on what it is like working for
our organization. Don Starkey, Owner:
https://youtu.be/_iO7Nk4IGF8Erick Robbins, System Administrator:
Keywords: Progressive Components, Arlington Heights , IT Director, Executive , Wauconda, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!