Supply Chain Planning Manager
Company: Biolife Plasma Services
Location: Vernon Hills
Posted on: May 14, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.Job DescriptionAbout BioLife Plasma
Services Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do
helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you
focus on our donors, we'll support you. We offer a purpose you can
believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career
growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced,
friendly environment.BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd. OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE
- Responsible for overall plasma planning process and overseeing
inventory Aged & Available (A/A).
- Require the ability to balance plasma allocation by considering
different key parameters and multiple
- Understand and communicate impact of plasma surplus/shortage to
manufacturing plants as well as determine and recommend the best
course of action.
- Drive continious improvement activities within Supply Chain
function and supply planning field, able to implement innovative
concepts and solutions.
- Ensure global adherence to Takeda standards for policies in
- Responsible for overall plasma planning process, generate and
maintain overall planning output Aged & Available that includes
manufacturing plants consignee plan, ocean container shipment plan,
and collection centers bag/bottle plan.
- Responsible for providing Aged & Available inventory picture
for manufacturing plants in a periodic basis.
- Manage Supply & Demand planning for US plasma across different
- Develop and maintain plasma forecasts and inventory movements
for all fractionation facilities to ensure plasma is received and
released in time to meet manufacturing requirements.
- Collaborate with manufacturing plants and Plasma Operations
Supply Chain to review Master Production Schedule (MPS) ensuring
alignment and providing input for potential risk related to plasma
- Coordinate with Plasma Operations Supply Chain and
manufacturing plants periodically to resolve any issues or
bottlenecks in plasma supply, identify correction actions and
follow-up on implementation of actions.
- Regularly maintain planning parameters in planning system in
order to achieve accurate monthly planning results.
- Manage plasma related financial transactions in JDE C3ME as
- Provide support related to shipping logistics for all plasma
- Provide support to BioLife Supply Chain team for any plasma
planning related issue.
- Monitor execution against agreed upon supply plan; resolve and
communicate any deviations from the plan to relevant
- Submit data and comments for creation of BioLife Supply Chain
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)/report such as Fractionation
Scorecard, Total Plant Inventory Reports, and Plasma Collection
- Work on continuous improvements of supply chain process and
tool(s) according to Takeda standards.
- Ensure adherence to process and seamless execution of activites
in relevant IT systems.
- Decisions on necessity of escalation of plasma supply issues to
upper management.DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS Technical/Functional (Line)
- Advanced presentation and communication skills.
- Advanced understanding of supply chain planning principles and
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Planning Systems, ERP
systems and analytical tools (Anaplan, Kinaxis, SAP/APO, BI).
- Strong knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of the principles of Lean and Six Sigma applied
to Supply Chain.
- Knowledge on Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- Basic knowledge on regulations (FDA, EMA, etc.).Leadership
- Demonstrate strategic thinking.
- Focus on key areas and cross-functional collaboration to ensure
solutions in accorance with Takeda values.
- Must be able to take customer feedback and incorporate changes
for continuous improvement.
- Be positive, accountable, and result oriented.
- Elevate capabilities among others and be a role
- BioLIfe Functions in particular Operations, Forecasting, and
- GMS Plasma Operations functional teams in particular Supply
Chain leaders and Master Planner.
- Plant supply chain functions.Innovation
- Continuous improvement of planning processes.EDUCATION,
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BA or Master's Degree with a minimum 5 years of experience in
life sciences (pharmaceutical, biologics, medical devices) supply
chain / operations / manufacturing / product management.
- Strong familiarity with a broad variety of supply chain
concepts, with specific expertise in global supply chain
- Fluent in business English.EEO StatementTakeda is proud in its
commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status,
national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic
information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam
era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran
in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and
any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsBannockburn,
ILWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Biolife Plasma Services, Arlington Heights , Supply Chain Planning Manager, Executive , Vernon Hills, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!