Director Procurement Transformation
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Are you an influential big picture problem solver who enjoys
collaborating with Fortune 500 c-suite execs to drive business
transformation? Do you have leadership experience delivering
impactful top-line and bottom-line results across diverse indirect
procurement categories such as IT, Logistics, Property,
Professional Services, and etc.? If yes, Goods Not for Resale
Procurement ("GNFR") at Walgreens Boots Alliance is looking for
GNFR Procurement has a newly created leadership position,
Procurement Director - Procurement Transformation, charged with
leading a multi-year project to evolve our procurement processes
and technology to attract top talent as the absolute best place to
work in greater Chicago for procurement professionals. The team
will spearhead systemic efforts to extend the value lifecycle of
external indirect goods and services thru improved end-to-end
management of supplier relationships in support or our retail-led
pharmacy business and emerging ambitions in Walgreens Health.
This role leads a small team task with program management, change
management, communications, analytics and center-of-excellence
capabilities to enable the category teams to seamlessly partner
with the business to create and deliver sustainable value through
brilliant and responsible procurement. A successful candidate is a
high standards and high workload capacity leader with the ability
to translate complex business needs into clear insightful actions
and plans that are easy to execute in a complex and fast paced
- Plans, develops and implements business plans and budgets,
including long-range objectives, performance goals and metrics for
each category. Collaborates with Operations, Legal, Supply Chain
and other customers as needed to champion cross-functional sourcing
initiatives. Understands category specific (store and pharmacy
operations) principles and value of analytics.
- Provides continuous leadership, oversight of work quality and
constructive feedback to direct reports.
- Communicates Company, department and individual performance
goals and levels of goal achievement.
- Recruits, hires and trains a qualified and talented team of
- Supervises and approves the planning process with Category
Managers in developing and recommending sourcing solutions,
channels for distribution and execution of best practices for the
- Applies complex analytics to enable optimized cost savings and
ensure an adequate supply chain.
- Creates collaborative business plans with strategic vendors and
negotiates strategies and programs.
- Oversees that Category Managers develop and maintain positive
- Approves Category Manager vendor contract negotiations,
guaranteeing the attainment of the most advantageous pricing,
terms, discounts, allowances, quality, delivery, service and dating
- Ensures all goods and services meet established standards.
Addresses business unit complaints, requests, and questions and
resolves within guidelines.
- Assures proper analysis and application of internal and
external industry specific research information, to determine
Company direction in designated categories, reasons for pricing
increases/decreases, and develops risk mitigation strategies.
- Directly manages complex negotiations with suppliers that
require a detailed strategic plan and have a direct correlation
with Walgreens operational needs goals.
- Manages the development of procedures to ensure goods and
services are available to business units and maintain sufficient
inventory levels and/or supply chain to support all events.
- Drives to execute divisional benefits and/or cost savings goals
and targets. Assures the appropriate use of corporate capital.
- Ensures positive vendor relationships are maintained; monitors
supplier's performance and holds supplier accountable for the
adherence to Walgreen policies, procedures and appropriate service
- Supports the talent development of inter-divisional team
members and the overall development of cross-functional teams.
Collaborates with analysts, associate category managers, and
category managers.An Equal Opportunity Employer, including
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail
pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing
medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more
than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in
community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers' and patients'
needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms
and health and beauty products. Including equity method
investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs
more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores. WBA's
purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and
happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy
communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a
sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations
Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to
WBA is included in FORTUNE's 2021 list of the World's Most Admired
Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its
predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at
- Bachelor's degree and at least 7 years of experience in
category management strategies for a retailer, wholesaler, or a
- At least 7 years of experience applying strategic sourcing
practices focused on meeting the business challenges and needs of
- At least 5 years' experience developing and implementing
requirements to execute strategic sourcing activities.
- Experience with business alignment and global sourcing.
- Experience in new business development of global
- Leadership experience in synergizing global partnerships.
- Experience with conducting and guiding analysis for industry
- Knowledge of the strategic sourcing, procurement lifecycle and
procurement best practices and methods.
- Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one,
to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations)
to various audiences (work group, team, company management,
prospective acquisitions, external clients).
- Experience interacting with senior level executives.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using
SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting
charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers
and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example:
inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or
adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example:
applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a
picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding
transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial
decisions in the workplace.
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership
and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- MBA or other advanced degree or CPM certification
- Experience in managing category spends in excess of $1B.
- Experience in multiple procurement transformation leadership
Keywords: WALGREENS, Arlington Heights , Director Procurement Transformation, Executive , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!