Inventory Accounting Manager
Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Manager, Inventory Accounting, Rx Renewal
Apex Systems, the Nation's 2nd largest Technical Staffing and
Services Firm, has an opening for an Inventory Accounting Manager
at a global leader in retail pharmacy for a 10-month contract with
opportunity for extension or conversion.
Summary:This candidate will be supporting the Inventory
Accounting/Finance Integration team around the Pharmacy Rx Renewal
Project. They will assist with insuring all Accounting requirements
are integrated by the program. They will also assist in financial
validating testing in SAP.
- Team of 5
- Hybrid schedule, 1-2 days per week in-office
- Work hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CST
- Partners with business management to maintain a thorough
understanding of the key business drivers of the assigned area,
specific business processes and priorities, and future strategic
direction of the assigned area.
- Collaborates with business management and support teams to
ensure a thorough implementation, delivery of customer value and
positive business results.
- Develops and fosters a cross-functional team approach,
providing financial management support to all levels of the
- Develops and manages accounts for reconciliation and resolution
of open items.
- Research and correction of escalated issues and
- Ensures teams activities and reports are in compliance with
accounting principles and adhere with company policies.
- Implements new accounting policies and ensures those policies
are communicated to team as well as the business unit.
- Writes/approves departmental procedures.
- Ensures all necessary approvals are obtained before
- Addresses issues with appropriate teams to develop plan of
- Identifies opportunities to improve processes and practices.
Works with business and functional teams to develop consistent
management reporting and processes.
- Prepares and/or reviews reports in support of internal and
external audits. Works with internal and external audit as
- Responsible for resolution of open items.
- Addresses training and reviews audits of work of team members
for accuracy and timeliness.
- Responsible to review departmental results and recommend
corrective action plans as necessary.
- Proposes improvement recommendations for systems, workflow and
- Works with cross-functional teams for proper
- Develops and implements strategic guidelines, procedures and
- Develops relationships with customers and other internal
departments to ensure positive interactions, resolutions, and
outcomes of inquiries and issues and works in collaboration with
other departments to make identified changes to improve
Top Must-Have Skills:
- SAP Accounting/Finance process
- Experience with applicable accounting regulations
- Experience with accounting in SAP Systems and/or system
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex
issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using
SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting
charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers
and/or print scaling)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example:
inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or
adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example:
applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a
picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding
transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or
Top Nice-to-Have Skills:
- Master's degree in Accountancy or MBA Master's degree in
Accountancy, MBA or CPA designation
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example:
designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding
dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels)
- Prior participation in system implementation projects
- Strategic thinking and strong organizational skills
- Project Management skills and the ability to interact with
internal and external resources
- Prior pharmacy or retail inventory experience
- 5+ year of experience in an analytical role in accounting,
finance, business management or auditing
- BS in Accounting, CPA/MBA preferred
- Past experience in Inventory Accounting
- At least 1 year of experience of direct leadership and/or
cross-functional team leadership
About Apex Systems:
- Apex offers a number of resources to our contractors
- Training and Development programs - We have a webinar series
with global experts who deliver 3-4 technical and leadership
webinars a month around hot topics/technologies such as Agile,
Redux, Ansible, Kubernetes, etc. Many of these webinars are worth
certification credits for major certifying bodies such as PMI,
IIBA, and CompTIA (i.e. PDU, CDU, and CEU credits). We can also
provide a technical training license (eligibility required)
- Benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, and Employee Stock
- Strong Support Network - A network of Recruiters, Support
Services, and Contractor Care Representatives are here to help our
contractors succeed. We have a job portal which has all of our job
openings with our 1,200+ clients. We also have off-boarding/end of
assignment resources to help you during the transition when you're
wrapping up, including a Career Coaching Program and 15+ Career
Readiness workshops for job seekers
- Awards - Apex is a proud recipient of the Best of Staffing
awards for both Client Satisfaction and Contractor Satisfaction
EEO EmployerApex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do
not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race,
color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at email@example.com or
Keywords: Apex Systems, Arlington Heights , Inventory Accounting Manager, Executive , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!