Posted on: January 10, 2022
Owns and supports a designated area of a business unit or
department. Works in partnership with a business unit executive and
is responsible for a number of areas such as development of
financial forecasts and resource allocation in support of business
goals, providing subject matter expertise and guidance regarding
all finance related decisions and providing guidance and counsel in
development of long range plans involving strategy development,
resource allocation, work plans and timelines and financial
--- Develops financial forecasts and resource allocation plans in
support of division goals.
--- Provides subject matter expertise and guidance regarding all
finance related decisions.
--- Evaluates strategies and goals of the Company in order to
effectively monitor progress against them. Leads cross-functional
efforts within finance to improve reporting, planning and analysis
capabilities. Analyzes the business unit's performance to
plan/forecast and recommends appropriate actions to ensure
financial targets are met.
--- Provides guidance and counsel in development of long range
plans involving strategy development, resource allocation, work
plans and timelines and financial outcomes.
--- Oversees financial aspects of vendor negotiations, funding
issues and related efforts.
--- Develops financial models, forecasts, proposals, presentations
and performance measures to provide confidence to executives
regarding financial decisions.
--- Oversees Financial and/or other support staff as necessary for
department operations. External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of external experience
in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management,
quantitative analysis or economics OR a High School diploma and at
least 9 years of experience in an analytical role in finance,
accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or
- At least 5 years' experience participating or leading financial
forecasting, budgeting, and financial model development
- At least 3 years' experience developing justifications for
- Experience with GAAP and financial statement analysis.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using
SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting
charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers
and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example:
applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a
picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding
transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example:
inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or
adjusting table columns).
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial
decisions in the workplace.
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership
and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes
(within state and out of state). - Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree in Accounting or Finance, or MBA
- Preferred certification in Public Accounting as granted by
state Accounting Board.
- At least 3 years of experience participating or leading
financial forecasting, budgeting, financial model development
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using
AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered
page and/or creating a pivot table). Job Function
Finance/Accounting Common Location 200 WILMOT
Keywords: Walgreens, Arlington Heights , Director Finance, Executive , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!