Director, DevOps, Framework & Tools
Posted on: January 10, 2022
This role directs and oversees the activities of staff accountable
for providing the desired functionality to the RxR platform and
products. Oversees and directs the integration of the hardware
and/or software frameworks, systems and architecture. Oversees the
design of the underlying architecture for use in the Rx Renewal
- This role directs and oversees the activities of staff
accountable for providing the desired functionality to the digital
RxR platform and products. Oversees and directs the integration of
the hardware and/or software frameworks, systems and
- Oversees the design of the underlying architecture for use in
the Rx Renewal product offerings.
- Ensure technology strategy is defined, planned, and implemented
across delivery organizations
- Drives R&D activities to identify new technologies, tools,
frameworks to enable productivity and quality
- Manages technology vendor relationships to drive alignment,
support, and collaboration. Manages vendor contracts and
- Evaluates final results of design assuring accomplishment of
- Develops operational policies and procedures to ensure
competitive advantage in requirements gathering, design,
development, testing, implementation and maintenance of the
software platform, products and solutions.
- Prepares and presents reports to leadership outlining the
outcome of projects and makes recommendations for actions necessary
to achieve desired results.
- Participates with leadership to establish strategic plans and
objectives. Recommends and/or makes decisions on administrative
and/or operational matters to ensure effective achievement of
objectives. Works with key shareholders to formulate a
comprehensive technology plan that is consistent with the overall
business objectives and budgetary considerations.
- Participates in the development of methods, techniques and
evaluation criteria setting software engineering performance and
service standards, and develops and implements operating plans to
achieve those standards.
- Applies broad knowledge of product/service capabilities and
environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and
emerging product/service opportunities. Recommends strategies,
policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes;
identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating
- Conducts ongoing assessment of software engineering and pushes
the boundaries on existing capabilities. Deploys sufficient
resources to meet agreed on objectives, schedules and budgets at
the highest level of quality and service.
- Implements policies and defines approach to strategy
achievement and analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated
strategies and decisions.
- Manages budgets, operational plans and performance requirements
for area under direct leadership. Ensures budgets and schedules
- Selects, develops and evaluates staff to ensure the efficient
operation of the function.
- Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors,
and other technology resources within and outside of the
organization. Shares highly complex information related to areas of
expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of
objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management /
customers / vendors to interpret information and improve
cross-functional processes and programs. Develops and enhances key
internal and external contacts.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of experience in
software engineering and/or architecture OR a High School
Diploma/GED and at least 11 years of experience in software
engineering and/or architecture
- At least 5 years of experience building digital products and
- At least 5 years of DevOps experience.
- Experience with vendor and vendor contract management,
including SLA review.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- At least 5 years of experience contributing to financial
business decisions in the workplace.
- At least 5 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership,
and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes
(within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree in IT, IS, Mathematics
- Master's degree OR MBA
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Privacy for technology purposes.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with
individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business
community & with vendors.
Keywords: WALGREENS, Arlington Heights , Director, DevOps, Framework & Tools, Executive , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!