Posted on: April 6, 2021
We're seeking qualified Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians to
join our COVID-19 Vaccine Support Team. Be a part of history and
join our pharmacy team to help prevent COVID-19. The rollout of the
coronavirus vaccines is a huge undertaking. And we need thousands
of pharmacy technicians and pharmacists to join us and keep our
patients safe through vaccination administration. Apply today.
Updates on our Walgreens COVID-19 Response. Click Here . Director
Finance Job ID 548445BR Location 200 WILMOT RD , DEERFIELD, IL
Apply Job Summary
Owns and supports a designated area of a business unit or
department. Works in partnership with a business unit executive and
is responsible for a number of areas such as development of
financial forecasts and resource allocation in support of business
goals, providing subject matter expertise and guidance regarding
all finance related decisions and providing guidance and counsel in
development of long range plans involving strategy development,
resource allocation, work plans and timelines and financial
- Develops financial forecasts and resource allocation plans in
support of division goals.
- Provides subject matter expertise and guidance regarding all
finance related decisions.
- Evaluates strategies and goals of the Company in order to
effectively monitor progress against them. Leads cross-functional
efforts within finance to improve reporting, planning and analysis
capabilities. Analyzes the business unit's performance to
plan/forecast and recommends appropriate actions to ensure
financial targets are met.
- Provides guidance and counsel in development of long range
plans involving strategy development, resource allocation, work
plans and timelines and financial outcomes.
- Oversees financial aspects of vendor negotiations, funding
issues and related efforts.
- Develops financial models, forecasts, proposals, presentations
and performance measures to provide confidence to executives
regarding financial decisions.
- Oversees Financial and/or other support staff as necessary for
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy
USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a
global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America's most
loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to
champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America.
Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto
Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a
neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million
customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in
the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy
and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and
patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with
platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the
latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in
local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of external experience
in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management,
quantitative analysis or economics OR a High School diploma and at
least 9 years of experience in an analytical role in finance,
accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or
- At least 5 years' experience participating or leading financial
forecasting, budgeting, and financial model development
- At least 3 years' experience developing justifications for
- Experience with GAAP and financial statement analysis.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using
SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting
charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers
and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example:
applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a
picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding
transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example:
inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or
adjusting table columns).
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and
managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience direct leadership and/or cross
functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes
(within state and out of state).
- Master's degree in Accounting or Finance, or MBA
- Preferred certification in Public Accounting as granted by
state Accounting Board.
- At least 3 years of experience participating or leading
financial forecasting, budgeting, financial model development
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using
AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered
page and/or creating a pivot table). Apply Pharmacy, in-store,
corporate & distribution Help people get and stay well every day.
Be the first to know of new job opportunities. First Name Last Name
Email address Select a job category from the list of options.
Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions.
Finally, click "Add" to create your job alert. Job Category
- Finance/Accounting, West Deerfield Township, Illinois, United
States Remove Diversity and inclusion is at the center of
everything we do. Walgreens is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE
Minorities/ Women/ Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Keywords: Walgreens, Arlington Heights , Director Finance, Executive , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!