Associate Director, Learning Technology & Digital Training
Company: Horizon Therapeutics plc
Posted on: February 15, 2021
Associate Director, Learning Technology & Digital Training
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us,
success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of
lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly
to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who
are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something
bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose
values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help
others live up to theirs. Position Summary: The Associate Director,
Learning Technology & Digital Training is responsible for building
the commercial organizations capabilities as it aligns to virtual
and online platforms, commercial digital tools and applications and
data and analytics dashboards. This role will help to drive results
through advancing operational and technical skills of all
commercial teams. The person in this role will collaborate closely
with sales and commercial leaders and cross-functional teams. The
Associate Director, Learning Technology & Digital Training will
help to train the organization on virtual and online platforms,
operational processes, digital tools and other technical
capabilities critical for effectiveness and efficiencies. The
person in this position will implement strategic learning plans and
initiatives, processes and effectively instruct our teams on how to
utilize tools available to maximize opportunities.
- Development and implementation of short and long-term training
strategies for all digital learning tools and platforms across the
- Maintain oversight of all learning management systems (LMS),
systems operations, business operations, and communications related
to digital learning initiatives.
- Administration and operations of a comprehensive learning
- Support current learning management operations as well as the
strategy, vetting, implementation, administration, and technical
assistance of new learning technologies as they are identified,
implemented, stabilized, and mainstreamed.
- Oversight and management of other solutions on the technology
roadmap, which may include Learning Experience Platform (LXP),
Virtual Classroom Training (VCT), Massive Open Online Class/Program
Platform (MOOC), gaming platforms, learning analytics, and other
- Lead all commercial learning digital training functions.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and advisor on digital
system functionality and processes.
- Identify new and opportunistic learning technologies.
- Identify learning technology priorities and process in
collaboration with commercial training leaders and stakeholders for
system upgrades and enhancements, including governance and global
audience input where applicable.
- Oversee the testing of platforms and ensuring that all
requirements are documented and met, in partnership with IT, legal
- Lead and support upgrades and enhancements to the platforms and
digital tools, as well as ongoing integrations.
- Following implementation, monitor the ongoing performance of
systems and technologies.
- Provide thought leadership for emerging learning technology
solutions, platforms, and providers for practical experimentation
and application within learning functions, with a focus on the
learner experience and outcomes.
- Collaborate with commercial training teams to ensure a thorough
understanding of needs to enable assessment of product capabilities
and limitations as well as to resolve LMS and training technology
- Proactively look for ways to establish and improve processes to
support the digital learning ecosystem and experience.
- Work with commercial training and commercial leadership teams
to develop and build promotion, adoption and implementation
strategies to better serve online and virtual learning
- Manage relationships with learning technology providers during
the evaluation and implementation cycles to ensure project success,
including gathering and relaying requirements, setting priorities,
identifying points of integration, and driving training plans,
roadmaps and pull-through. Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree required; relevant experience in learning
administration, operations and technology preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a related commercial training and/or
- 3+ years of diverse learning & development background with
enterprise learning technology solution implementation
- Experience overseeing learning administration work processes
and associated documentation.
- Strong aptitude with learning technology platforms;
demonstrated experience with emerging learning technologies
(badging, gamification) is preferred.
- Outstanding leadership, collaboration, and communication skills
with ability to present complex topics in a clear and compelling
manner to all levels of the organization.
- Experience leading and influencing cross-functional teams,
including customer and internal resources; ability to oversee
practical, solution-driven initiatives and L&D processes that
are perceived as quickly adding value to the business.
- Experience in LMS functionality, data collection, analysis,
presentations, and written reports summarizing data collected.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and work
well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to propose possible resolutions to complex
managerial or operational problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Horizon Core
Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Develops Talent Accountability
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality Transparency
- Courage Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all
qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that
selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any
individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or
assistance in completing this application or at any time during the
application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.
Posted 10 Days Ago Full time R0002348 About Us Horizon is focused
on researching, developing and commercializing medicines that
address critical needs for people impacted by rare and rheumatic
diseases. Our pipeline is purposeful: we apply scientific expertise
and courage to bring clinically meaningful therapies to patients.
We believe science and compassion must work together to transform
lives. For more information on how we go to incredible lengths to
impact lives, please visit www.horizontherapeutics.com and follow
us on Twitter , LinkedIn , Instagram and Facebook . Suggested Jobs
Associate Director, Workplace Strategy, Planning and Research
Keywords: Horizon Therapeutics plc, Arlington Heights , Associate Director, Learning Technology & Digital Training, Executive , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!