Principal Machine Learning Engineer
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Job Summary :
Implements scalable and distributed production pipelines for
machine learning applications and other data intensive applications
to support advanced data and analytics capabilities and platforms,
including data management and integration capabilities across WBA.
This position will play a key role in the design and implementation
of new and existing platforms to drive and realize data
Job Responsibilities :
- Leads in the design and development of complex software that
processes, stores and serves data and machine learning models for
use by others.
- Designs and develops complex and large scale data structures
and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data to generate
insights and intelligence to support business needs.
- Writes complex ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) or ELT
processes, designs data stores and develops tools for real-time and
offline analytic processing on premise or on cloud
- Ensures that data and machine learning pipelines are scalable,
repeatable and secure. Improves data consistency, integrity, Dev
Ops and ML Ops.
- Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they
adhere to data quality and accessibility standards.
- Designs data infrastructure for scalability, availability, and
- Participates in developing technical / business approaches and
new or enhanced technical tools. Recommends the right tool and
technology to deliver solutions objectively. Evaluates new
technologies for continuous improvement.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and management to
share highly complex information related to areas of expertise
and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business
- Create technical design documents and supporting materials
- Provides thought leadership to embrace modern AI/ML, data
science and data analytics techniques as critical enablers for
- Guides and mentors a wide range of audiences.About Walgreens
and WBA :
Walgreens () is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S.
Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq:
WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a
170 year heritage of caring for communities. WBA's purpose is to
create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly
9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S.
Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health
destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens
pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by
providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services,
including those that drive equitable access to care for the
nation's medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs
of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel
experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms
supported by the latest technology to deliver high quality products
and services in communities nationwide.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 7 years of experience in machine
learning, software engineering, or data engineering; or graduate
degree in a technical discipline with at least 5 years of
experience in machine learning, software engineering, or data
- Deep knowledge of SQL
- Extensive experience programming in one or more of the
following: Python, C, C++, Spark, Scala, and/or Java
- Experience with REST API development
- Experience establishing and maintaining key relationships with
internal (peers, business partners and leadership) and external
(business community, clients and vendors) within a matrix
organization to develop strategies that meet department goals
within budget and timelines
- Experience interacting at the executive level
- Experience presenting to all levels of an organization,
including the C-Suite level
- At least 5 years of experience contributing to financial
decisions in the workplace.
- At least 5 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership
and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes
(within state and out of state).Preferred Qualifications
- Graduate Degree in a technical discipline and at least 4 years
of experience in machine learning, software engineering, or data
- Experience leading a team and being responsible for technical
execution and mentoring
- Experience designing and deploying complex ML models
deployments at scale in production using open source tools
(Kubeflow, Seldon, etc)
- Experience with DAG-based workflow orchestration systems
(Airflow, Prefect, etc).
- Experience with data processing pipelines using Apache Spark or
- Experience with ML registries (MLFlow, etc)
- Experience with CICD pipelines (Tekton, Azure DevOps, Github
- Experience with configuring Kubernetes in a multi-tenant
- Experience troubleshooting distributed systems and reducing
performance and costs
- Experience writing and deploying production-grade Python
applications and libraries
- Experience deploying, monitoring, and maintaining event-driven
and reactive ML applications
- Experience deploying, monitoring, and maintaining of ML
deployment systems for batch and streaming
- Experience with REST API development
Keywords: WALGREENS, Arlington Heights , Principal Machine Learning Engineer, Engineering , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...