Project Engineer- Civil/Structural
Company: Envista Forensics
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Inspiring People - Impactful ExperiencesIf there was one common
theme to describe what our team members get from a career with
Envista Forensics, it's: An Experience. Envista prides itself on
being One Company/One Team.Forensic Consulting relies on scientific
principles to investigate all types of failures impacting service,
people, and business production- from minor to catastrophic. It's
our job to analyze and determine why it happened.We're always
looking for great professionals, in all disciplines and locations -
contact us for more information about other opportunities.We're
looking for someone who:
- Is Passionate. You have a genuine passion to problem
- Is motivated and cultivates innovation. You're driven to be the
very best. You challenge yourself to grow and learn every day and
are encouraged by other team members.
- Is collaborative. You're excited to work with others throughout
a global organization to help foster a superior workplace and
culture. You are constantly thinking of new ways to make Envista
- Wants to make an impact to drive results. You're looking to do
amazing work. You're all about helping our clients both internally
- Operates with integrity and instills trust. You always conduct
yourself with honesty and operate ethically in everything you
do.Job DescriptionThe forensic engineer will be called upon to
isolate the specific reason or reasons a product, device or
substance failed in order to improve the longevity or performance
of the product or to improve its safety profile. Forensic Engineers
often are used in product liability cases, a type of civil court
case, and, occasionally, criminal cases, to investigate and testify
about the source of a product's design or object failure.PRIMARY
- Investigates the origin and cause of failures, damages or
defects in the civil/structural fields within residential,
commercial, and industrial sites.
- Analyzes the failure of building systems, determines the cause
of failures, evaluates the quality of construction or reviews
design or maintenance procedures.
- Participates in catastrophe responses such as hurricanes,
tornados, floods, wildland fires, and earthquakes.
- Performs field investigations, leads multi-party examinations
and documentation of damaged property.
- Research failure modes and code requirements as needed, prepare
recommendations for repair and/or remediation as appropriate.
- Prepares accurate, clear, thorough, and concise reports and
letters outlining the cause and origin of the damages to clients.
Follows established policies, procedures, and processes in
preparing information, exercising sound judgment in applying these
to potentially unusual orcomplicated situations, and submits
reports and documents in a timely manner and in accordance with
client's standards and expectations.
- Provides expert testimony in a court of law if required
- Manages/works with multi-disciplinary teams on large and
- Establishes trusted working relationship with clients and
interacts socially at mixed engagements with
- Bachelor of Science in Civil/Structural Engineering or a
related discipline is required
- Active PE is required (in the state of employment is
- 5 to 7+ years' experience in design in combination of
residential, commercial and industrial setting preferred
- Experience with commercial and industrial facilities is
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and
customer service skills.
- Technical expertise including Microsoft Suite and CRM.
- 25 - 30%+ travel
- Ability to work in inclement weather and various environmental
- Ability to work in high areas such as roofs or scaffolding,
requiring physical agility, balance, and resistance to
acrophobia.One Company/One Team is not just one of our 5 Guiding
Principles, it's we how separate ourselves from our competitors. We
learn together, we win together and through our team members
voices, we bring certainty to an uncertain world. At Envista
Forensics, we recognize that our potential team members come with a
wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical
requirements of a role. We strive to reflect the communities and
clients we serve to drive innovation, excellence, and meaningful
work-We want you to bring your authentic self to Envista. If your
experience is close to what you see listed here, please still
consider applying. Please let us know if you require reasonable
accommodations during the interview process. Envista Forensics
embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a
variety of backgrounds and perspectivesEnvista Forensics believes
that Veterans arrive with not only translatable skills and
technical expertise but in addition come with the intangibles;
leadership and values that we believe align with our 5 Guiding
Principles. Simply put, these qualities enable our success, so we
encourage all Guardsmen, Reservists, and Veterans to consider
Envista as their next career destination.
Keywords: Envista Forensics, Arlington Heights , Project Engineer- Civil/Structural, Engineering , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!