Senior Cloud and Hyperconverged Engineer
Company: Meridian IT
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Senior Cloud and Hyperconverged Engineer JOB TITLE:-- SENIOR C
LOUD AND HYPERCONVERGED ENGINEER
REPORTS TO:-- DIRECTOR, I NFRASTRUCTURE AND SECURITY
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
DATE: December 2020 SUMMARY T he Sr. Cloud and Hyperconverged
Engineer is a hands-on technical resource responsible for desig n
ing and impl ementing Server and Virtualization related solutions
for new and existing clients . Along with x86 server and
virtualization work, this person will be an integral part of our
hyperconverged practice by scoping and executing solu tions such as
N utanix and Hyperflex . This person will also work closely with
our cloud and managed services teams to develop and enhance our
cloud offerings around converged and hyperconverged technologies.
The qualified candidate will have an in-depth understanding of
Server and Virtualization technologies as well as a working
knowledge of Networking and Storage Solutions . The engineer will
work with the Project Management Office in a post-sales capacity to
schedule and successfully complete the installation of solutio n s.
Superior hands-on technical skills and a consultative approach are
critical parts of this position. Strong presentation,
communication, and problem-solving skills are also required .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Othe r
duties may be assigned. P re and Post-Sales Delivery
- Work closely with acco unt managers and customers to design
solutions, scope projects, and prepare service estimates .
- Lead design meetings with customer s; document and successfully
implement the approv e d design.
- Follow the establ ished services delivery process and continue
the development of best practices and tools to ensure the
successful delivery of communications and collaboration solutions
to our customers.
- Work with the Project Management Office t o schedule and close
- Troubleshoot issues and support local customers as required and
assigned by the Project Management Office.
- Continue the development of best pract ices and tools for
opportunity development and requ i rements gathering.
- Lead weekly solution assurance meetings to re view pending
proposals with the appropriate Services Manager to identify risk,
perform gap analysis, and obtain approval on associated delive ry
- Participate in weekly meetings with th e Project Management
Office reviewing active, assigned engagements to identify open
items to complete, budget vs. actual hours, risks, and next
- Participate in quarterly meetings with the Engineering team to
discuss recent engagements, challenges and opportunities;
incorporate improvements into the pre-sales process. Communications
- Responsible for clear and timely communication to multiple
stakeholder groups on a frequent basis.
- Strong communication and presentation s kills are required
- Improve processes to optimize the post-sales delivery process
and increase value and efficiencies over time .
- In addition to x86 server and virtualization proje cts , this
person will be an integr a l part of our hyperconverged practice .
D eveloping , defin in g , and h oni n g services offerings ar ound
v irtualization, converged, and hyperconverged will be a key part
- Wo rk closely with our cloud and managed services teams to
develop and enhance our cloud offerings around converged and
hyperconverged techno l ogies.
- Participate with the Project Management Office in project post
- mortems and collaborate on recommen dations report s in order to
identify successful and unsuc cessful project elements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills , with the
ability to interface at varying and appropriate levels of
- Ability to break down technical concepts into business
- W ell organized, thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment, lev
e rage best practices, and innovate through any problem with a
can-do attitude .
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and interruptions with
minimal impact on produ ctivity.
- Ability to d emonstrate a high level of independent judgm ent
and initiative .
- Ability t o work a f lexible work schedule.
- Strong technical knowledge of enterprise Data Network / Data
Center envi ronments
- Stron g knowledge of cloud implementation strategies : private,
public, and hybrid.
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, the configurat ors and sizi n
g tools for the platforms supported.
- Ability to obtain and maintain technical certifications in the
Serve r and Virtualization solution space. EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in a business or IT-related field or
equivalent experience .
- 7 + years' experience as a n IT professional, working hands-on
designing, configuring, and installing servers , virtuali zation ,
an d converged solutions with a demonstrated increase in
responsibility over time.
- Experience de veloping clou d imple mentation strategies ,
opera t ional use case scenarios , and cost /benefit analys is
- Strong familiarity and experience designing, install ing and
troubleshooting solutions in several of the following areas are
- Virtualization T echnologies (VMware, Microsoft, CA
Technologies, etc . )
- Hyperconverged Technologies ( Nutanix, Cisco Hyperflex, etc .
- Cloud imp lementation strateg ies for virtualization-- c
onverged and hyperconverged t echnologies
- Server (UCS, IBM, HP, Dell, etc.)
- Networks - Cisco , HP, Juniper Switches
- Storage (NetApp, IBM, EM C , Hitachi/HDS , HP )
- Backup Technologies (Commvault , Veeam ) Meridian Group
International Inc. and all of its subsidiaries provide equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. You
have been redirected to a Meridian IT job page
Keywords: Meridian IT, Arlington Heights , Senior Cloud and Hyperconverged Engineer, Engineering , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!