Senior Information Security Engineer
Company: Vail Systems
Posted on: February 15, 2021
Operations Deerfield, Illinois United States Vail Systems is
seeking a Senior Information Security Engineer to further extend
and protect a n already highly secure environment . As a Senior
Information Security Engineer , you will perform security
assessments of applications and solutions, write reports on your
findings , create proposals for improvement and develop new
security tools . You will design and deliver solutions for complex
technical problems . This role is team oriented as you will
collaborate with other highly technical data security, networking,
systems administration and software development staff. The ideal
candidate will leverage a strong data security background to
monitor, d iscover , and mitigat e vulnerabilities in our network
and systems , typically at Open Systems Interconnection (OSI)
layers 4 through 7 . Additionally, the candidate will be research
driven , adaptable, and detail oriented . What you 'll do :
- Work closely with other departments to assess the security
posture of applications we develop and recommend actions for
- Assess the feasibility and best security practices for
technical implement ation of c loud and third-party applications
- Write formal reports on security assessments .
- Design and develop new security tools .
- Act as the primary or backup maintainer of security tools and
take ownership of systems hosting .
- Participate in incident response and disaster recovery
- L earn new technologies and utilize your freshly acquired
skills at work .
- Run threat modeling exercises .
- Pen etration test internally developed application s .
- Conduct v ulnerability scan s of web applications, systems ,
and networks .
- Draft security requirements for new applications in the design
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science ,
Information/Cyber Security or a related field .
- 4 + years of experience in an i nformation s ecurity role
- 4 + years of experience working directly with Linux systems
- Knowledge of the entire OSI model .
- Experience with at least layers 4 - 7 of the OSI model .
- Experience working on diverse operating systems (Linux and
- Familiarity with networking equipment .
- Experience writing scripts in Bash or P ython .
- Knowledge of diverse security risks and how they impact the
- Experience with pentesting tools such as, but not limited to
Burp Suite and Metasploit.
- Security or Linux certifications such as, but not limited to
CISSP, LFCE, LFCS, RHCSA, RHCE, Red Hat Certified Specialist in
- Subject matter expertise with cryptography .
- Experience configuring and auditing networking equipment and l
ayers 1 - 3 of the OSI model .
- Experience with s ystem a dministration , including log
- Knowledge of compliance frameworks such as PCI, HIPAA , NIST,
- Experience as a member of an incident response team . About Us
The human voice is capable of conveying nuances and meaning that
just can't be expressed through clicks and text messages. And for
that reason, voice interactions have always had a special power to
shape your perception and experiences. At Vail, we believe in the
unique power of voice interactions to create more expressive, more
intimate, and more efficient interpersonal interactions. Our
experts work with Fortune 500 companies to help them serve their
customers more efficiently and effectively through the use of
various voice technologies. From basic network services, to
state-of-the-art IP telephony, to cutting edge real-time analytics,
Vail technology makes millions of voice interactions better every
day. Organizational Culture At Vail Systems we strive to cultivate
a supportive culture of continuous learning where employees are
encouraged to achieve both personal and team goals by providing
innovative telephony solutions that enhance customer contact center
experiences. We entrust our employees to work autonomously and also
encourage contribution to the decision-making process in a highly
collaborative environment where open communication is fostered
amongst teams. Product development is centered around the end user
to ensure Vail's products are efficient, productive and add value
for our clients. You have been redirected to a Vail Systems job
Keywords: Vail Systems, Arlington Heights , Senior Information Security Engineer, Engineering , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!