Senior Principal Data Scientist
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job Summary : Designs, develops and programs methods, processes,
and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse "big
data" sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for
client services and product enhancement. Utilizes statistical
modeling to make predictions about future outcomes and in multiple
scenarios. Evangelizes new ideas / technologies / solutions to gain
acceptance from a wide range of audiences. Assigned to the most
complex projects. Job Responsibilities :
- Utilizes statistical modeling to make predictions about future
outcomes and in multiple scenarios. Evangelizes new ideas /
technologies / solutions to gain acceptance at the highest levels
of the organization.
- Interprets and applies data in the most strategic, most complex
analyses, and explains findings to the stakeholders and business
audiences to improve products and processes.
- Sets the vision for manipulation and analysis of large and
complex data sets.
- Leads the development and execution of statistical and
mathematical analyses to support business decisions enterprise wide
or for multiple business functions.
- Analyses have the highest level of impact on business
operations or outcomes.
- Leads the design and development of strategic and highly
complex algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines
analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios
and potential future outcomes.
- Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated
processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from
multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from
large data and metadata sources
- Implements activities that impact the most critical directions
of the organization. Typically assigned to the most critical and
strategic / complex / high risk undertakings.
- Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata
sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from
analysis and experiments to product, service, and business
managers. Determines leading edge technical / business approaches
and/or develops the most complex and strategic new technical
- IInteracts with product and service teams to identify questions
and issues for data analysis and experiments. interprets and
communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to
product, service, and business managers.
- Guides and mentors a vast range of audiences. Provides guidance
regarding analytical approach and iteration of algorithms. About
Walgreens and WBA : Walgreens ( is included in the U.S. Retail
Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance,
Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail
leader with a 170 year heritage of caring for communities. WBA's
purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health.
Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico
and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a
neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers
each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S.
healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and
healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to
care for the nation's medically underserved populations. To best
meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true
omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital
platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high
quality products and services in communities nationwide. Basic
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of experience in
quantitative or computational functions OR High School/GED and at
least 11 years of experience in quantitative or computational
- Graduate degree in a quantitative, computational or technical
discipline and at least 8 years of experience in quantitative or
- Experience in data science, advanced analytics, or statistics.
Ability to interrogate data, perform analyses, interpret data, and
present to business audiences.
- Deep knowledge of SQL and Databricks tools, and big data
platforms such as Hadoop, Teradata, Synapse and Snowflake
- Deep knowledge of open source data science and statistics
packages such as Python, R, Spark, etc.
- Experience managing complex projects with matrix collaboration
between engineers, data scientists, business, vendors, and
consultants; experience guiding innovation, model design and
- Experience establishing and maintaining key relationships with
internal (peers, business partners and leadership) and external
(business community, clients and vendors) within a matrix
organization to develop strategies that meet department goals
within budget and timelines.
- Experience presenting findings to all levels of an
organization, including the C Suite level.
- At least 5 years of experience contributing to financial
decisions in the workplace.
- At least 5 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership
and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to/at least 10% of the time for business
purposes (within state and out of state).
Keywords: WALGREENS, Arlington Heights , Senior Principal Data Scientist, Education / Teaching , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...