Early Childhood Enrichment Teacher
Company: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
Location: Long Grove
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Find Your Purpose!Early Childhood Enrichment Teacher
Opportunity!Starting pay range: $15.90- $18.00 per hourThe YMCA is
hiring an Early Childhood Enrichment Teacher for Preschool
children. The part-time Early Childhood Enrichment Teacher will
create child-centered environments that promote learning, character
development, positive & nurturing relationships, and healthy
living. The instructor plays a key role in ensuring that program
participants have a safe, supportive, interactive and enriching
program experience while ensuring the safety and security of all
program participants.With a commitment to meeting accreditation
standards and extensive training and development in research-based
practices, youll also learn and grow and positively impact our
children, families and communities.Scope of Responsibilities:
- Promote and model high quality teaching and learning in the
classroom that fosters academic readiness.
- Demonstrate culturally and linguistically appropriate practices
that values all children and families and makes them feel welcomed
and an essential part of the program
- Maintain awareness and supervision of childrens needs and
ensure their physical health and safety, at all times.
- Create a safe, supportive, interactive and engaging environment
for youth that is characterized by teamwork, camaraderie and
inclusiveness. This includes demonstrating an appreciation of the
youths efforts and accomplishments and providing assistance and
encouragement to program participants when needed.
- Provide effective supervision of youth that is age-appropriate,
considers diverse abilities and interests and meets program
quality, safety and policy requirements.
- Positively interacts with youth, parents/guardians and other
team members to create a respectful, warm, supportive environment.
Models self-control, respect and cooperation to teens and other
team members. Utilizes youth arrival/departure ensure to share
information with parents/guardians and to build relationships.
- Prepares lesson plans on a daily and/or weekly basis outlining
program activities, ensures materials and supplies are available
and ready for daily program activities, and ensures all program
areas and supplies are clean and well maintained regularly.
- Maintains accurate attendance, instructional and other records
as necessary to meet program requirements.
- Participates in team meetings and other special
eventsRequirements & Preferred Qualifications for this position
- Must be at least 18 years of age and/or 5 years older than the
oldest child that participates in the program and meet program
requirements for education and/or credentials.
- H.S. Diploma or GED along with related college coursework
and/or equivalent experience in: child care, education, recreation
or related program. Additional educational or experience
requirements may be required based on program license
- Must have the proven ability to establish constructive
relationships and interact as a positive role model for youth and
staff demonstrating the values of respect, responsibility, caring
- Commitment to and passion for the YMCA of Metro Chicagos
mission is required including a passion for working with diverse
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to
clearly and concisely present ideas and concepts and tailor
communication to multiple audiences.
- Meets physical qualifications required as outlined in job
- The YMCA will provide reasonable accommodations for persons
with disabilities.YMCA Vaccine PolicyWere committed to the health
and wellness of our employees, members, program participants, and
those most vulnerable. If hired by the YMCA, you will be required
to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination no later than two (2) days
prior to your start date unless an exemption for a medical
condition or sincerely-held religious beliefs is granted.Child
Abuse PreventionSupports the YMCAs commitment to child abuse
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard
to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping
children safe in our facilities and programs, including those
related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and
procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as
requiredStreet: 1025 N. Old McHenry Rd. Days and/or Times Needed:
Apply for more info! ID: 2022-14687 Full-time/Part-time:
Keywords: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago, Arlington Heights , Early Childhood Enrichment Teacher, Education / Teaching , Long Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!