Cyber Security Instructor
Location: Vernon Hills
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Focal Point Academy is seeking a skilled and motivated cyber
instructor to create, maintain, and deliver courses in highly
virtualized environments. Cyber instructors will create course
material, design training exercises, deliver training to students,
and assess results. Instructors leverage deep subject matter
expertise in relevant technical disciplines to provide a
high-quality learning experience for our students. Through their
work, the Cyber Security Instructor will empower students to
develop and validate their cyber skills creating immediate job and
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Conducts in person and virtual instructor-led training in one
or more topic areas: Identity and Access Management, Network and
Host Forensics and Investigation, Cloud Security, Security
Operations (Red/Blue/Purple Teams), Malware Analysis, Reverse
Engineering, and Incident Response.
- Accurately identifies skill level of participants and aligns
delivery of course material to match individual students'
- Demonstrates consistent classroom and student management to
ensure a positive, successful learning environment.
- Researches future direction of technology relevant to cyber
security and incorporates new topics in the development and
delivery of cyber content.
- Deploys, maintains, and secures classroom equipment, images,
and materials in virtual classrooms or in facilities around the
- Travels to customer training sites both inside and outside the
Continental United States.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Previous experience conducting technical training in classrooms
or small groups.
- Significant expertise in Cyber Security Operations and expert
experience in one or more areas of Cyber Security: Intrusion
Detection and Mitigation, Network Defense, Network Traffic Analysis
or Operating System Security, Forensics, Incident Response, or
Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Industry Expertise: Advanced subject matter expertise in cyber
security consulting and training.
- High Impact presentation: Ability to conduct strong
presentations to train and educate students on technical material
- Manage Learning Environment: Ability to select initial
presentation strategies, manage time available for course,
facilitates opportunities for learner success, resolver learner
- Learner evaluation performance: Ability to monitor learner
progress during instruction, administer tests, evaluate attainment
of end-of-course objectives.
- Adult learner principles: Ability to engage learners to
identify their learning needs, help trainees set personal learning
objectives, assists trainees apply training content to their jobs,
creates practice opportunities during the training
- Communication Skills: Superior writing and verbal communication
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Ability to work with all levels of
internal and external clients, from clerks to CEO. Willingness to
collaborate with subject matter experts and team members to
complete projects and other business deliverables.
- Analytical: Keen sense of analytical skills.
- Problem Solving: Experience with identifying problems and
creating proactive steps to resolve the problems in a way that
avoids adverse impact of issues.
- Detailed Oriented: Strong attention to deadlines with accuracy
- Accuracy: Ability to deliver projects and all deliverables with
the utmost accuracy and attention to detail.
- Multi-tasking: Capable of managing several tasks, projects and
client deliverables effectively, efficiently and on time.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer
Science/Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Engineering or other
relevant field, or 5+ years' equivalent experience.
- Technical Requirements:
- Information Security Professional with significant experience
and background in cyber security.
- Exceptional, effective classroom communication skills.
- Technical awareness of common operating system internals,
network monitoring, SIEM and other tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems including
- Programming and/or scripting, Python preferred.
- Proficient TCP/IP networking and networking protocols.
- Due to the extensive classroom training tasks, this role
requires extensive experience with successful classroom teaching
techniques, delivering technical training for adult
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite
products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Travel Required: Moderate travel will be required.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known
hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of
coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well
as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,
with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required
medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW,
successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or
(ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based
accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination
Keywords: CDW, Arlington Heights , Cyber Security Instructor, Education / Teaching , Vernon Hills, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!