Marketing Communications Manager
Company: University of Saint Mary of the Lake
Posted on: September 18, 2022
SummaryThe University of Saint Mary of the Lake/Mundelein
Seminary (USML) is the major seminary and graduate school of
theology for the Archdiocese of Chicago. Mundelein Seminary is one
of the largest priesthood preparation programs in the United States
having graduated over 4,000 students since 1926 and serving thirty
(30) dioceses in the United States and abroad.
The Marketing & Communications (MarCom) Manager is responsible for
collaboratively developing, executing, and managing all branding,
marketing, and online activities with the Marketing &
Communications team and promoting the mission of the University of
Saint Mary of the Lake, its academic institutions, and
The Marketing & Communications Manager will have no direct reports
at this time and will work closely with the Director of Marketing &
Communications and the marketing team to support MarCom
Essential Job Functions
- Support the MarCom team with the development, planning and
execution of all marketing and communications efforts for Mundelein
Seminary and the Institutes of USML.
- Responsible for content production creating high quality,
multimedia content on all digital marketing channels including
social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn), the
USML website, podcast, and email communications.
- Assist in writing and editing of high-level documents, letters,
press releases and other collateral to represent the University and
its personnel across platforms while maintaining USML brand and
- Collaboratively maintain the MarCom calendar to manage events,
projects, and content.
- Collaboratively maintain USML website, and update content, as
- Collaboratively develop, manage, and implement the university
digital advertising strategy, maintain the advertising budget, and
- Learn about USML's key constituents and create new campaign
ideas to increase brand awareness, support, and program
- Proactively, review new technologies/platforms to stay at the
forefront of marketing and communications, application of
continuous improvement to enhance policies/procedures and standards
of operations for marketing and communication purposes.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on similar industry activities,
market data analysis and evaluation and make recommendations based
- Evaluate the success of MarCom's marketing strategies and make
recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and promote branding initiatives consistent with USML
goals and objectives. Ensure that all products, services, and other
offerings conform to brand identity, conduct ongoing brand
- Communicate and negotiate with promotional partners as needed
for joint marketing activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supports the mission of the seminary.
Education and Experience - An equivalent combination of education,
training and experience will be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field, required.
- Minimum four years of experience using traditional and digital
marketing strategies, tactics, technologies, solutions, and brand
- Experienced social media user with a thorough understanding of
popular social media platforms, trends, metrics reporting, and
digital communications strategies. Willingness to experiment,
understand best practices, and implement accordingly,
- Proficiency with paid digital media; Google AdWords, FB Ads,
other paid social, and retargeting.
- Proficiency with online performance tools like Google
Analytics, SEMRush, Raven tools etc., required.
- Must be familiar with the latest trends and best practices in
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and have a willingness to learn,
- Experienced updating text content, images, or video in
WordPress website platforms, required.
- Experienced using email distribution systems like MailChimp,
Constant Contact, etc., required.
- Strong demonstrable experience with the Microsoft Office Suite,
in particular Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, required.
- Strong project management skills and organizational skills,
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign,
Premier Pro or After Effects, preferred.
- Experience with photography, videography, and livestreaming is
- Non-profit experience, a preferred.
- Bilingual fluent English/Spanish, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities which may be representative, but
not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Strong understanding of and respect for teachings, hierarchy,
and theology of the Catholic Church.
- Self-directed, organized, and passionate individual who can
manage multiple projects simultaneously, with great attention to
- Willingness to collaborate as member of a small marketing team
to "triage" time-sensitive requests and deliver high-quality work
to colleagues and constituents.
- Active team player, ability to interact appropriately and
collaborate with individuals across various departments and cross
functional teams, at all levels of the organization and
respectfully engage with people of diverse races, cultures, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation
skills. Creative-minded team player who is a fast learner, quick
worker, open to feedback and has a sense of humor.
- Time management, project management, prioritization,
- Assumes responsibility and ownership for work issues, problems,
- Strong analytical skills.
- Well defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiations,
conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Adherence to USML policies/procedures and standards.
Work Environment - Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly
associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- General office conditions, university campus.
- Availability to work occasional nights, weekends, and moderate
social media channels during non-working hours.
- Position exposed to outside weather elements (snow, rain,
hot/cold temperatures), occasionally.
- Genuinely support and work with others in a Catholic
- A commitment to the belief that all people have the right to
dignity, respect, opportunity, and full community inclusion.
- Possess a philosophy that is consistent with the Mission,
Vision, and Values of USML and supports objectives and goals.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the
performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands
described below are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physically able to perform the duties as assigned including the
ability to lift to thirty pounds.
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for extended periods of
- Ability to routinely ascend two to four sets of steps multiple
times during the day.
Keywords: University of Saint Mary of the Lake, Arlington Heights , Marketing Communications Manager, Advertising , Mundelein, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!