E-Commerce Media and Merchandising Manager
Company: Rust-Oleum Corporation
Location: Vernon Hills
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Vernon Hills, IL, United States
As our E-Commerce Media and Merchandising Manager you will work
with a small internal team to plan, implement and optimize a
best-in-class eCommerce strategy to drive website engagement and
grow direct-to-consumer online sales. This person will work
directly with the Digital and Social Media Strategist; Digital and
Social Creative Director; and Content and Community Lead as well as
with cross-functional brand marketing, communications, and
eCommerce sales teams. The E-Commerce Media and Merchandising
Manager will also coordinate with sales and distribution leads on
order fulfillment and liaise with customer service to monitor,
moderate, and respond to consumer reviews.
Solving challenges is the very foundation of who we are. After all,
in the beginning, our founder, sea captain Robert Fergusson, didn't
particularly care about paint. When he founded our company in 1921,
he just wanted to keep his ship intact and stumbled upon a valuable
solution. Today, that discovery is Rust-Oleum Corporation.
The same passion that drove the Captain to spend his next few years
creating the world's first rust-preventative paint still drives us
today. When we see a problem, we work diligently until we've
perfected a solution, which has led to some of the most cutting
edge, durable and innovative products in the industry. Our creative
and talented team of over 2000 people across every corner of the
world, help us remain the global leader in protective paints and
coatings for both home and industry.
Here is what to expect:
Strategy & Content Development
- Develops online sales strategies using proven tactics for
generating conversions and sales transactions on direct to consumer
- Manages the brand's website and online marketplace including
creating new pages and product listings, modifying pages and
product listings, as well as optimizing pages and product
- Works closely with cross-functional team members to research
and implement omni-channel marketing strategies to enhance user
experience, retention and conversion across channels.
Reporting & Optimization
- Analyze product listing performance, rankings, ratings and
customer reviews to make and implement recommendations that will
improve impact and ROI.
- Evaluates, executes and optimizes keyword research strategies
to identify the most effective search terms to drive traffic.
- Monitors website activity and overall performance to
continuously improve user experience, increase website traffic,
grow sales, and develop brand loyalty.
- Conducts data-driven analysis including A/B testing and
provides ongoing site performance reporting to assist team in
establishing KPIs, benchmarks, and optimizing strategy.
- Manages eCommerce platform and inventory management platform
day-to-day tasks and vendor relationships.
- Track changes in product assortment and ensure changes are
reflected during site updates.
- Performs quality assurance to ensure accuracy of product data
and promotional content on a daily basis.
- Takes initiative to escalate and correct issues to IT and other
- Coordinates with sales and distribution leads on order
fulfillment and liaise with customer service to monitor, moderate
and respond to consumer reviews.
Rust-Oleum is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection
and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age,
disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other
- BA or BS degree in Marketing, Business, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Good product sensibility and ability to merchandise sites in a
visually appealing way
- Demonstrates strong logical, quantitative analysis and
- Prior experience with A/B testing
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities; able to organize,
multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS, Photoshop and other design or web
development tools is beneficial
- Must have strong Excel skills (vlookups, nested IF functions,
PivotTables, data wrangling)
- Experience with Magento 2 is beneficial
- Team-oriented with ability to collaborate with partners across
functions and levels
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy required
- Experience with Shopify, Magento or other e-Commerce management
- Experience with dropship automation systems such as Ordoro
- Google Ad Words and Google Analytics expertise a plus
- Website content and SEO/SEM/PPC/CPC
- PC proficient in Microsoft Office programs, especially
- Basic data management and analytical skills required
- Knowledge of best-practices for integrating social shopping
into online sales strategy a plus
Job Identification: 2432
Job Category: Marketing
Posting Date: 2022-05-13
Degree Level: Bachelor's Degree
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Shift: Day
Posting Date: 2022-05-13
Keywords: Rust-Oleum Corporation, Arlington Heights , E-Commerce Media and Merchandising Manager, Advertising , Vernon Hills, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!