Finance Development Program
Company: Horizon Therapeutics
Location: Vernon Hills
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us,
success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of
lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly
to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who
are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something
bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose
values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help
others live up to theirs.
Program Opportunity and Objectives:
Horizon's Finance Development Program is a 3-year rotational
program providing aspiring finance professionals the opportunity to
accelerate the development of their business and technical skills.
Participants will learn the "Horizon way" of operating principles
and values to help them successfully contribute to Horizon and grow
In this program you will:
- Establish comprehensive working knowledge of different areas of
finance through 9 to 12-month rotations
- Learn how to prioritize and manage multiple projects,
objectives and deadlines
- Enhance your knowledge and perspective of technical/business
information through formal learning and on-the-job experience
- Broaden your perspective and develop an enterprise mindset by
working cross-functionally in a matrix global environment
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Prepare, analyze, and report monthly results compared to plan,
forecasts and prior year for key functional leaders in support of
managing their budgets.
- Develop and publish reports & presentations including analysis
of monthly, quarterly and annual results versus variance to plan,
forecast and prior year including identifying key variance drivers
and insightful commentaries.
- Provide consolidation and decision support analysis to
leadership and business partners in planning for the next fiscal
year, including running current P&L reports, performing
scenario and trade-off analyses, income statement consolidation &
analysis, balance sheet and cash flow reviews and headcount.
- Support the annual plan and quarterly forecast process for
functional teams including Project Spend.
- Participate in month/year-end close activities, including
preparing, reviewing and assessing journal entries, accruals,
reconciliations and allocations to ensure all Horizon Therapeutics
financial transactions are properly recorded.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries
to General Ledger accounts; assists with maintenance of strong
internal controls and process documentation.
- Provides relevant, accurate, and timely data and information
that anticipates and exceeds internal and external customer
Other 9 to 12-month rotations will be based on business needs and
program participants' interests. Additional rotational areas
- Internal Audit
- Investor Relations
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Completion of undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or
other financial discipline.
- Target GPA: 3.0/4.0 or greater (no minimum required)
- 0 to 3 years of prior industry/work experience, including
- Must have strong planning, project management and organization
- Ability to seize feedback and provide clear direction is
- Flexibility to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment with
multiple demands with initiative and independence required.
- Professional, proactive demeanor
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibits leadership through campus activities and prior work
- Strong Microsoft Excel capabilities.
- Proficient in other Microsoft Office programs
- Demonstrate Horizon Core Values & Competencies
- No visa sponsorships available
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated, as a
condition of employment, with either Pfizer (fully approved by the
U.S. Food and Drug Administration), Moderna or Johnson & Johnson
(currently granted emergency-use authorization by the FDA). "Fully
vaccinated" is defined as two weeks after your final dose of the
Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Horizon will provide
medical and religious accommodations as required by law.
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified
applications are given equal opportunity and that selection
decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who,
because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in
completing this application or at any time during the application
process, should contact the Human Resources Department.
Keywords: Horizon Therapeutics, Arlington Heights , Finance Development Program, Accounting, Auditing , Vernon Hills, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!