Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: September 15, 2022
Accounting Manager (Hybrid schedule)
Our company delivers solutions and drive innovations that protect
the environment, people, and public health. This includes working
to create a more sustainable, shared future. Our innovative
solutions make a difference in people's lives, communities, and our
planet by protecting their health and well-being.
Change your career. Change your world. Join our team and help
protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and
This position will lead a Center of Excellence (CoE) on the North
American Accounting Team made up US and Canadian Accountants.
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, North America, this key
leadership position within accounting will help develop,
strategize, and implement the vision for their team.
The manager of this team will be responsible for coordinating the
timely and accurate execution of ’s financial close. The team is
involved in accruals and supporting the accounting and analysis of
the operations. This individual will also play a key role in
the company’s transformation by using SAP S/4HANA to help guide us
through general compliance with US GAAP, flawless execution of the
company’s internal controls, and assistance in maintaining the
company’s accounting policies and related procedural documents.
Areas of focus / emphasis may include:
- Reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations in
significant areas across several North American legal
- Ensuring that reconciling items are identified and resolved on
a timely basis.
- Coordinating accounting and controls work and related
deliverables with internal/external audit and the Sarbanes-Oxley
(SOX) internal controls group.
- Analyzing expenses to understand business drivers of
- Coaching, developing and acting as a mentor for staff within
the group and on the entire North American Accounting Team to build
a world-class accounting function with strong talent and growth
opportunities for all.
Key Job Activities:
- Monitors that there is adequately designed and effectively
operating controls related to the financial close process.
Identifies and remediates internal control deficiencies in the
- Oversees the day-to-day coordination of processing
transactional financial data including the preparation and review
of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Ensures that all information provided by the entity (IPE) has
adequate basis of source data, parameters and report logic controls
and that those controls are effectively operating. Ensures the
compliance with all applicable US GAAP guidance and internal
company accounting policies and related controls and procedures.
Responsible for statutory financial reporting requirements where
- Oversees accruals including use of company-wide accrual tool.
Assists team members by leading training and answering
questions. Manages reporting on vendor accruals.
- Develops fellow team members including technical skills and
soft skills needed to progress through the organization. Advocates
for each team member such that they progress their careers within
out team. Promotes desired team culture including work-life
balance. Manages the team’s performance as needed utilizing
performance differentiation techniques. Prepares performance
evaluations and conducts annual reviews.
- Champions corporate initiatives. Leads team to achieve
department-wide goals. Manages cross functional ad hoc
projects as needed.
- Documents processes in Standard Operating Procedures.
Promotes cross-training. Monitors KPIs for shift to
business process organization.
- Tracks the status of open reconciling items and ensures that
the team follows up on such items in an engaging and collaborative
manner with cross-functional involvement making sure that they are
resolved in the time prescribed by our policies. Utilizes existing
tools and systems as well as explores potential enhancements or new
systems as needed and as applicable to business
- Seeks ways to improve financial reporting and controls within
general ledger and consolidation tool. Support analysis and
documentation for our Monthly Management Review. Prepare and
present variance analyses and business insights in these meetings
and throughout month.
- Oversees relationship between Accounting and operation sites.
Contribute to regional P&L reviews. Optimize
coordination between Operations and Accounting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting 7+ years of experience with
Accounting leadership roles
- Experience in effective leadership, interpersonal, and
communication skills capable of interacting with staff, peers, and
senior leadership competently and effectively
- Experience working with offshore Shared Services
- Detailed analysis of P&L trends and variances which drove
- Prior SAP experience
- Prior experience documenting processes in SOPs
- Advanced Excel skills
- At least 3 years of public accounting experience demonstrating
a good understanding of GAAP, audit processes (internal /
external), month-end closing processes, general ledger accounts,
and financial statement analysis
- Mid to Large public company experience
- Certified Public Accountant designation in US or local country
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Ability to
create and deliver presentations to management.
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement philosophies
(Lean/Six Sigma) in a practical work setting
- Prior experience designing IPE controls and MRC (Management
Review Control) activities
We currently offer our employees the option to participate in a
full range of benefits, including a health care program which
includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage,
healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and
accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee
assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick
time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan.
Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly
scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have
fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with our
Keywords: Job Juncture, Arlington Heights , Accounting Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!