Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: May 14, 2022
This role offers 2 days remote and 3 days in the office.
This position will play a pivotal role in supporting the general
accounting and internal controls for various business and/or
centralized functions within the North American Accounting Team. We
are seeking individuals who are self-starters, can prioritize
multiple deliverables, initiate solutions, and who can be strong
team players in helping achieve the goals of the Accounting
function. This is a growth opportunity role with the ability to
interact with senior level management across accounting, finance
and the rest of the business.
Key Job Activities:
The Senior Accountant will have the opportunity to develop strong
business partnerships across finance and throughout the company as
well as challenging the status quo with current processes. This
individual will also participate in the company’s transformation
and implementation of its new general ledger, SAP S/4HANA. Finally,
this position will serve a significant role focusing on General
Ledger accounting, general compliance with US GAAP, flawless
execution of the company’s internal controls, and assistance in
maintaining the company’s accounting policies and related
Areas of focus / Emphasis may include:
- Preparing and reviewing journal entries and account
- Ensuring that reconciling items are identified and resolved on
a timely basis.
- Coordinating accounting and controls work and related
deliverables with internal/external audit and the internal controls
- Coaching and acting as a mentor for staff across the North
American Accounting Team to help build a world-class accounting
function with strong talent and growth opportunities for all.
Support month end close by:
- Reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations for
completeness and accuracy.
- Preparing journal entries and account reconciliations for other
complex accounting areas.
- Working with business partners on those complex areas.
- Analyzing financial statement components specific to areas of
responsibility and investigating discrepancies and variances in
- Preparing accurate financial information supported by GAAP and
in accordance with the company’s accounting policies specifically
pertaining to information provided by the entity (IPE).
- Responsible for compliance with internal controls, control
documentation, and coordination with both external auditors and SOX
PMO / internal auditors.
- Advance tools, processes, systems, and initiatives of
Accounting Team to enhance current accounting processes.
- Serve as key contact and maintain direct communication with
business partners within Controllership, Finance, Operations, and
- Participate in staff development and mentoring as well as
promoting continuing education opportunities for all team
- Assist in overall transition of Business Unit Accounting from
contractors to permanent team; transform with the company as it
implements SAP S/4HAN.
- Prepare and communicate monthly ad-hoc reports, graphics,
schedules and statistical reports.
Preferred Education: in Bachelors or Equivalent
Experience (North America & LATAM):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years' experience within Accounting / Finance roles and
- Experience in effective leadership, interpersonal, and
communication skills capable of interacting with staff, peers, and
senior leadership competently and effectively
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement philosophies
(Lean/Six Sigma) in a practical work setting
- Prior experience designing IPE controls and MRC (Management
Review Control) activities
- Prior SAP experience
- Prior Microsoft Dynamics AX Experience
- Prior experience mining large amounts of data
- At least 3 years of public accounting experience demonstrating
a good understanding of GAAP, audit processes (internal /
external), month-end closing processes, general ledger accounts,
and financial statement formats
- Mid-size to large public company experience
- Certified Public Accountant designation in US or local
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred
We currently offer our employees the option to participate in a
full range of benefits, including a health care program which
includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage,
healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and
accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee
assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick
time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan.
Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly
scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have
fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment .
Keywords: Job Juncture, Arlington Heights , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!