Senior Manager, State Tax Strategy
Posted on: January 9, 2022
This position plays a key role in the ownership of WBA's U.S. state
tax profile and optimization of the state profile through
maintenance and ongoing development of a tax efficient structure
and reporting positions. Optimization of the state tax profile
includes identification and implementation of state
structures/reporting positions related to state specific planning,
support of federal and international planning, support of M&A
and other operational business transactions and activities, and
legislative/regulatory tracking and advocacy. Additionally, this
role includes supporting the Tax Operations team in reporting
planning positions on tax returns, supporting the Tax Audit Team in
defending planning positions, and supporting the Tax Accounting
Team in accurately accounting for planning positions to properly
reflect the positions in financial statements.
- Identifies, manages, and leads the development and resolution
of direct and indirect state tax issues (with heavier emphasis on
direct taxes) in connection with tax planning transactions, M&A
transactions, and operational business transactions.
- Researches complex state tax issues proactively with
proficiency in interpreting the tax law as applied to specific
facts and resolves tax issues accordingly.
- Effectively communicates tax issues, analysis, and resolution
both from a tax technical and non-technical perspective and in both
written and verbal communications.
- Leads quantitative modeling of state tax planning structures
and reporting positions.
- Creates work efficiencies and risk-control by identifying and
implementing process improvements through technology-based
automation and/or work process changes.
- Monitors state tax law changes that impact state tax structures
or reporting positions, and effectively and timely addresses law
change tax impact with Tax leadership and Government
- Identifies accounting and financial statement
issues/disclosures (e.g., ASC 450 and 740) related to state tax
- Manages projects, including internal and external teams, from
project inception through to implementation and maintenance.
- Develops relationships with internal and external
- Supports the Tax Operations Compliance team in reflecting state
tax structures and positions on tax returns filed with government
authorities to minimize risks related to reporting.
- Supports the Tax Audit team involving state issues and related
- Supports the Tax Accounting team in accurately accounting for
state tax planning and reporting positions.
- Leads, develops, and mentors less senior tax
- Maintains a robust and deep knowledge of state direct and
indirect tax issues across all states (with a heavier emphasis on
direct tax), as well as knowledge of federal and international tax
issues impacting state tax issues, strategies, and reporting
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy
USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a
global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America's most
loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to
champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America.
Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto
Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a
neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million
customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in
the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy
and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and
patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with
platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the
latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in
local communities nationwide.
Keywords: Walgreens, Arlington Heights , Senior Manager, State Tax Strategy, Accounting, Auditing , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!