Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Location: US-IL-Deerfield# of Openings: 1Category:
CorporateSystem ID: 14150Overview
Surgical Care Affiliates is currently seeking a Compensation
Analyst. This position may be based out of Deerfield, IL or can be
- Generous Paid Time Off including 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity /adoption benefits
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible
on Day 1 of employment
- Employer-paid life and short and long term disability
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
- Positive work culture
- Great growth opportunities
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Reporting to the INSERT SUPERVISORY ROLE, the Compensation Analyst
is responsible for providing broad-based compensation activities to
include job evaluation, market pricing, salary surveys, benchmark
job identification, compensation database and system maintenance
and administration, analytical and reporting support and/or job
description development in support of the Compensation department's
service delivery model. Conducts compensation activities on a broad
departmental, group or company-wide basis and/or complex project
basis. An ideal candidate will be able to handle sensitive and
confidential information while demonstrating strong judgment and
integrity aligned with SCA values.
- Responsible for working with highly sensitive and confidential
information and maintaining the confidentiality of the information
used during the normal course of business.
- Participates in approved salary surveys through the collection
and reporting of data to third-party survey providers. Reviews
salary survey results and provides recommendations on
additions/deletions of benchmark jobs in use.
- Provides analytical support in complex aspects in the
development of merit budgets, salary structure modifications, and
incentive plan data gathering and reporting.
- Provides expertise in accessing, changing, maintaining, and
assuring the quality of compensation and HR databases.
- Prepares complex economic and cost impact models of
compensation initiatives for individually assigned activities or as
part of larger Compensation department initiatives.
- Provides counseling to management in the review of complex pay
changes on an individual level (e.g., promotions, transfers, etc.),
or enterprise-wide basis, (e.g., merit planning cycles, etc.).
- Keeps current in all aspects of compensation through formal and
informal training, participation in local and national professional
organizations, continuous learning and reading, and general
- Manages complex ad-hoc Compensation projects, analyses, and
requests including but not limited to acquisitions, integrations,
- Support Annual Compensation Planning activities (merit pay and
- Participates in the development of incentive compensation plan
designs (e.g., annual incentive plans quarterly incentive plans,
sales incentive compensation, etc.) and assures model validation
and alignment with goals, forecasts costs and develops the
communication plans, tools to measure attainment against plan, and
calculation of potential award amounts.
- Counsels HRBPs, TA team members, and others within the HR
division on many aspects of SCA's compensation philosophy, teammate
value proposition, market pricing, internal equity, job evaluation,
broadband structures, and other aspects of compensation to ensure
SCA effectively recruits and retains top-tier talent.
- Develops, analyzes, and makes recommendations for compensation
programs in support of specific business units within the Company
to ensure they are competitive within the market, position, and
industry. May meet with senior level executives to present
programs, answer questions, and gain approval of compensation
- Assists with the enhancement of the compensation aspect in HR
information systems (UKG, iCIMS, Service Now) to ensure service
delivery on strategies and initiatives.
- Ensures adherence to organization's compensation-related
policies, procedures and regulations.
- Comply with local, state, and federal wage regulations.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of compensation experience required.
- Experience with confidentiality requirements associated with
the practice of Human Resources, Compensation and/or Finance.
- Experience working with and applying compensation techniques,
job evaluation, salary survey practices and methodologies, salary
program development, job documentation, the elements of total
rewards, and target setting concepts.
- Experience with incentive compensation plan designs,
development, deployment, and measurement.
- Experience with maintaining, administering or using
compensation systems and knowledge of HRIS analytics as they
pertain to compensation functions.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and financial principals and the
requirements of collaborating with Finance on relevant compensation
- Experience working with EEOC, OFCCP and other compliance
- Experience applying the principles of the Fair Labor Standards
Act and its applicability to the job evaluation process.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example:
inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or
adjusting table columns).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using
VLOOKUP function, IF statements and other conditional logic,
creating a pivot table, pivot chart, etc.).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example:
applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a
picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding
transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes
(within state and out of state).
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Arlington Heights , Compensation Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!